Today I want to share a little known Facebook feature – downloading your Facebook data.
You are probably thinking – Stephanie has really geeked out now, why on Earth should I download my Facebook data? Right?!?
Well, some of you may do it just because you are curious what Facebook knows about you. Others may use it for business and then some just feel safer knowing they have a copy under their pillow at night.
When you download your Facebook data, not only is your friend list there – which is helpful for everything from business (prospecting, referrals, leads) to personal (need help starting that wedding invitation list?) – but you also receive the pictures and videos you’ve posted.
You never know when another site will come along and Facebook will be in our rear-view mirrors. You don’t want to be left there wishing you had that picture of little Jimmy when he got his first stitches or your husband’s mess in the kitchen that morning he tried to make frittata.
So if I have you intrigued enough now, here’s how to do it…Have you downloaded your Facebook data? Find out why and how! Click To Tweet
How To Download Your Facebook Data:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Click the down arrow in the top right of the Facebook page and choose “settings”.
3. Click “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the bottom of the General Account Settings page.
4. Click “Start My Archive”.
5. Enter your Facebook password.
6. Now you just have to wait! Facebook will send you an email when your data is ready to view. When it is ready, you’ll go back to the same location to retrieve it.
For details about the data Facebook has and where to find it, click here.
Have you ever downloaded your Facebook data? Want more tips like this one? Let me know in the comments!